weather

Where am I?

Blog Archive

Wednesday 8 September, 2010

Fact versus Opinions

Fact versus Opinions Many times we create confusion when we add our own opinions to facts and come up with wrong conclusions. For example: FACT: Two people are whispering when you walk up. Suddenly they stop talking. OPINION: They must be gossiping about me. FACT: A new lady is appointed in my department. OPINION: They will ask me to leave! FACT: He has reported about me to authorities. OPINION: They will blacklist me. I am now ruined & finished! Many a times we tend to behave negatively due to our own adverse opinions. We feel people per se are hostile & unfriendly. We become anxious & fearful for no good reason in a situation which is relatively safe. It is said: “Men are disturbed not by things that happen, but by their opinions of the things that happen.”

No comments: