- ► 2009 (9)
- ► August (45)
- ► September (49)
- Seek first to understand and then be understood
- Indian Railway rolls out first AC Double-Decker Tr...
- useful product at home (its wondering)
- Biggest Card House [its fabulous]
- Worlds Best
- beautiful sandals
- 3D paper sculptures
- Seven wonders of malaysia architecture
- World Egg Day 2010
- World's Largest Chocolate Bar
- The Worlds 20 Spectacular Bridges Around The Plane...
- Develop your compassion
- Excellent Illusion!!! Read it completely
- Food that keep u fit n fine....
- Amazing: The Law of the Wild
- Brave Girl
- Corporate Rules..must read :)
- Kevin - The Lion Whisperer
- Cute Animals Snaps
- Art Of Cabbage
- AVOID CHINA MADE FOOD CHOCOLATES WARNING IMPORTANT...
- 9 Promises Taken Before Choosing Software Field
- ▼ Oct 25 (23)
Monday 25 October 2010
Develop your compassion
Compassion is a sympathetic feeling. It involves the willingness to put yourself in someone else’s shoes, to take the focus off yourself and to imagine what it’s like to be in someone else’s predicament, and simultaneously, to feel love for that person. Compassion is the recognition that other people’s problems, their pain and frustrations, are every bit as real as our own---often far worse. In recognizing this fact and trying to offer some assistance, we open our own hearts and greatly enhance our sense of gratitude. Compassion is something you can develop with practice. It involves two things: intention and action. Intention simply means you remember to open your heart to others; you expand what and who matters, from yourself to other people. Action is simply the “what you do about it.” Compassion develops your sense of gratitude by taking your attention off all the little things that most of us have learned to take too seriously.