The world's biggest omelet was made in Turkey on the World Egg Day,The omelet was cooked in a giant fryer which is 10 meters in diameter. During the event, 65 cooks whisked 110,010 eggs to cook the omelet of4,400 kg. It took 2.5 hours to cook it. Carim Valerio of the Guinness Book of Records confirmed that it was the biggest omelet of the world. The record breaking omelet has been brought to Ankara to celebrate World Egg Day 2010 and promote eggs as a healthy, affordable and easy to prepare food staple. The feat took 432 liters of oil, 10 chefs, 50 cooks, and at least one chicken. The Turkish Egg Producers Association staged the event to promote eggs as a healthy primary food source. Said the association's president, Derya Pala: "After seeing our record-breaking omelet we hope that more people will be encouraged to make eggs a greater part of their diet." No word on whether bystanders' composite cholesterol level spiked during the cook-off, but witnesses did report a low, guttural groan from the world's vegans. The previous Guinness world record for the World's Largest Omelet, held by cooks in Cape Town, was a kid meal-friendly 3.625 tons.
- ► 2009 (9)
- ► August (45)
- ► September (49)
- Seek first to understand and then be understood
- Indian Railway rolls out first AC Double-Decker Tr...
- useful product at home (its wondering)
- Biggest Card House [its fabulous]
- Worlds Best
- beautiful sandals
- 3D paper sculptures
- Seven wonders of malaysia architecture
- World Egg Day 2010
- World's Largest Chocolate Bar
- The Worlds 20 Spectacular Bridges Around The Plane...
- Develop your compassion
- Excellent Illusion!!! Read it completely
- Food that keep u fit n fine....
- Amazing: The Law of the Wild
- Brave Girl
- Corporate Rules..must read :)
- Kevin - The Lion Whisperer
- Cute Animals Snaps
- Art Of Cabbage
- AVOID CHINA MADE FOOD CHOCOLATES WARNING IMPORTANT...
- 9 Promises Taken Before Choosing Software Field
- ▼ Oct 25 (23)